Saturday, July 6, 2013

you can't make just one!

I love these free form quilts!

okay the grey WIP background is quilted.
It has to be pressed, then on to the foreground.


And the next one is started and put together.
Here is the progress:




It has one printed fabric in it, as well as batiks.
I think I will do a little stamp on the right side to darken the lights and lighten the darks, where they meet.

First I have to cut the weeds, er...grass!
and I need a couple of fall and holiday quilts for my exhibit in Septemeber, and some small pieces that maybe will sell[?].

5 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Sometimes it is just great to work free form and out of tuition. I know the rules, but I like the freedom to just let go when I want to. This is great.

DVArtist said...

This is beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

This is really beautiful, I love the little pops of orange :)

Beverly said...

I love what you have going on here, especially the blues with the pops of orange. This is therapy sewing at its best!

Kerry said...

I absolutely LOVE it, Katherine...I love when I see where the fabrics go!